Keep your Raspberry Pi project running through a power loss!
Any capacity battery will work from 1000mAh and up. No configuration required just plug and play.
This is a battery charger board for the Raspberry Pi designed by Kiwi Labs. It is compatible with a Raspberry Pi or similar single board computer or any electronics project requiring USB power + battery backup without power interruption + battery charging. The input is 5V USB - the smart charger detects the maximum power supported by your AC adapter and adjusts the input current limit to match (USB Battery Charging Specification 1.2). Pins will not be soldered unless requested. Choose male / female header for raspberry pi connection. Battery will always be male header.
Input Voltage Range: 4.5V to 6.2V
Input Current Limit: 100mA to 2500mA
Battery Voltage Range: 3.3V to 4.2V
Battery Charge Current: 1000mA default (I2C configurable)
Output Voltage Range: 3.5V to 4.3V
Output Current Limit: Equal to input current limit if no battery, 5000mA from battery
Dynamic Power Path Management:
1) Power from the input is routed directly to the output to bypass the battery charger - this prevents unsafe overcharge of the battery.
2) When the output current draw exceeds the input current capability, additional power can be pulled from the battery to assist.
3) When input power is lost the output can switch to the battery power quickly without system interruption.
1) Output voltage will equal the battery voltage and will not reach 5V. So USB mouse, keyboard, USB camera, etc might not work.
2) The charger has default settings that will work for most people. Only *advanced users* should access the I2C settings (BQ24295).